• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by Faith McMahon.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Steven
      Participant
      Badge for completing module 1
      badge for a first topic created on a forum badge for a first comment on a forum
      Rank Ambitious Atom

Im a Cheater. I find mysef sayin ” f%# it” and eating what i want. Im a truck driver and im on the road alot. So healthy things arent always my choice. Its hard. And advice?

Faith McMahon
      Participant
      Badge for completing module 8 Badge for completing the course Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Badge for completing module 7 Badge for completing module 6 Badge for completing module 5 Badge for completing module 4 Badge for completing module 3 Badge for completing module 2 Badge for completing module 1
      badge for a first comment on a forum
      Rank Ambitious Atom

Hi Steven, No need to refer to yourself as a “cheater”. Being a truck driver has many challenges. When do you get on the road and when do you get home? Do you have space for a plug in cooler? Do you have access to a microwave at your stops?
      Here are some ideas for easy to take along foods- Packets of tuna/salmon- there are many flavors available now (as long as you like tuna). Could be cans of tuna, just have to keep your can opener with you and a fork. Hard cooked eggs? Pickled eggs? Cottage cheese? Frozen packaged meals – like Healthy Choice which are low in sodium. String cheese, Low sodium beef jerky (doesn’t need refrigeration) Canned chicken, raw vegetables. Canned fruit (the 1/2 cup packages packed in juice) Canned stew, canned chili. Shelf stable milk boxes. You could even find packaged foods for backpacking – dehydrated meals in a bag. Hoping these ideas lead to some of your own creative thoughts.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.